Monday, June 29, 2009

BEWARE: PC REPUBLIC has a "NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE" policy


Did you know that PC republic has a no return and exchange policy??? true… try to buy something in that store and bring it back and they will not refund it no matter how valid your reason is…. They will only insist of replacing the item but they will not refund your money….

“what if the item that you bought is really not working and you already losses the trust of replacing the same item in the same store” They will not listen, after you bursting out or saying what you think and feel, the people incharge will only look in your face and be happy if they apologize because they will only just say “i cannot refund your money ma’am” they’re bunch of professional unprofessionals…..

Two weeks ago, my mom saw this laptop worth P7000 in PC Republic Sta Lucia, she immediately told me to check it… because she really needed a computer that she can bring anywhere… my mom is not a savvy, technical user, in fact she is just using my PC only to create word and excel documents and to play her favorite game scrabble…. so basic right?

So when i checked the laptop, the spex are P3, 700 Mhz, 192 mb RAM,8 mb AGP, 10″x8′ screen….. well good enough for basic users…. the person who assisted me that day is nice enough to tell me that the battery has small defect but its working… well i said its ok, i know that low spex laptop reallly has that short span of usage even after charging for hours, so the tendency is you always have to plug it for maximum usage….

So i was exited to tell my mom about it and she was excited to hear it, i did set her expectation that the spex of that laptop is way below the spex of my PC but she is only going to use it for minor things so it will work. Having said that my mom gave me right away the P7000, so i bought the laptop.

On the receipt given to me, the laptops warranty is 3 months, no warranty for the battery, and you can upgrade it to PC if you want to in a span of 1 month. So Geleen told me (store supervisor) “Ma’am sign kayo dito” so i did sign receipt, later did i found out that it was not an O.R.

When i arrived home, its already 7:00 PM, i told my mom to charge it first, so the charging took around 5 hours until it reaches a 100%, *imagine my moms excitement to use it* and an amazing thing happen, my mom turned on the laptop, i helped personalized her profile, and she’s about to start now organizing her files to it, take note, it’s still plug in to the charger, so i went now to my room upstairs, because my mom is already doing her normal computer stuff,and now my mom removed the charger, 1 min left, 2 min, 3 min and on the 6th min my mom called me in a loud voice…BOG!!! “NAMATAY SI LAPTOP” my mom is furious about it of course!!!!

That personel told me that there is a minor defect on the battery but is this what he call MINOR DEFECT the laptop cannot be use even for good 10 min !!!! Unbelievable!!!! My mom told me to bring it back to the store.

So the following day, my husband and i went back to PC Rep to remedy the situation, and then the person who assisted me the other day told me… “sabi ko sa inyo ma’am may defect po yang battery eh” huh???? im speechless!!!! to me it seems that he’s blaming me buying that laptop from there store!!!grrrr....

Im getting furious already so i let my husband talk to them, so my husband said just replace the item with working one, geleen (store supervisor) said : sir, all of the items are of the same battery problem. We told your wife yesterday that it has a problem.

husband ko: well we never expect that battery duration is just like that… it’s not a minor battery problem, it a big problem!!! If you cannot replace this with a better one then please refund our money!!! Since we brought the item back in less than 24 HRS.

geleen: Sir its not possible, but if you want to you can replace it to a desktop!!!

husband ko: We have 2 PCs in our house, do you think we need another one? here’s your laptop, refund my money!!! since you are the supervisor you can easily decide for it!!! (but she is a powerless supervisor)

geleen: i need to talk to the main office for it… ill call you tommorow regarding this sir.
Since it’s already late, then we decided to go home, leaving the laptop, since my mom dont want it already and without the money.

The next day, afternoon passed, my husband went home from work already around 5 PM and still no call, ” no word of honor” so my husband called them, and they only said still on the process, we will call you the tommorow!!!

2nd day, called my husband at work just to check if they called him already and not yet…. so my husband called them again and geleen is on a meeting, that was around 2:00 PM,and then my husband called again around 4PM, and guess what she is still on a meeting… so around 6pm she still on a meeting!!! it will never end!!!! hahhahhahahha…. so what my husband did, he get the number of the main office one of geleens staff has no choice but to give the number.

3rd day, jake (husband) called the main office already and talked with maki. Still nothing happened.

4th day, geleen this time called our house, and they will refund the money less than 12%, WHAT!!!! so thats (-) P840.

We did not agree to it of course, they said that is the only refund they can give!!!

We called DTI about it expecting that they will do something abnout it, but its only an expectation. They never give any suggestion or something, they just said that they will report it to the proper office and have it on file. That’s it.
PC Rep is not afraid of DTI, dont know why?

5th day, still no refund!!!! so just to pacify everything, i told my mom to get again the laptop nalang since we are losing hope that something will happen about it, my mom was conviced me promising to find a way replacing the battey or fixing the battery on a another store or something.

6th day, my husband called PC Rep, to get again the item, since nothing is happening. By the way, Maki the main office manager, texted my husband that there are new items alike to be delivered today, and it brings good feeling, but dissappointment again, when we arrived at the store, there are no new delivery, the staffs are unaware of the new delivery and they did not know that we are about to choose to the new deliveries. “NO PROPER COMMUNICATION” well maki told us that the store is aware already. “LIAR”

So after 6 days of trying and trying and trying to get the refund, we end at getting the back the same old laptop with “MINOR” battery defect!!!!

And one more thing, PC Republic is not issuing an official receipt, the day that we brought back the laptop i asked for the official receipt since i found out lately that the receipt i had was only a sales order receipt, and they said that that was the only receipt they are giving!!! It is against the law!!!!

But it is too late already for us to check, and we are too tired a to argue,WE ARE FRUSTRATED AND EXAUSTED!!!!

And on the receipt itself has a small printed terms that is not obvious. And part of that terms stated “if either of the parties submit any legal action in the courts of cainta rizal, PC Rep will charged us “buyer/s” the 25% of the attorney’s fee and cost of their collection to us “buyers”
So this just means that if you file a case against them on court, you will also pay the 25% of their attorneys fee. grrrr!!!

They are too much!!! no customer service, liars, customers should be treated right all the time!!!!

So just be careful when you buy things on this store, Because it did happen to me so hopefully this will serve as an eye opener to all customers and buyers of PC REPUBLIC or any establishments, to always be careful in buying expensive things, ask for the OFFICIAL RECEIPT always and have them write down everything in the O.R., all the things both parties agreed on so that this will not happen to you also.

A lesson learned in a hard way!!!!! NO, i will not recommend their store to anyone again, and if i will rate their customer service and my satisfaction to them as a customer in a 1:10 ratio, its below 3%.

So beware of PC REPUBLIC STORES they might do the same thing to you also.


No comments:

Post a Comment